This Net is an open Net and is not affiliated with any club. All properly licensed HAMs are welcomed and encouraged to join us! We usually have between 60 and 70 check-ins, and our goal in 2020 is to grow that to 80+!
The Sunday Night Net, broadcast from Chattanooga, TN, generally follows the schedule below, but at times we do move things around to accommodate something.
The Net is held every Sunday evening beginning at 2000 (8pm eastern time).
73, Hear ya on the net! – Jim – KM4MPF
Don’t forget that you have many ways to connect with the Sunday Night Net! (other analog/digital repeaters, rooms, reflectors and/or talk groups may be linked in)
Analog Repeaters (local):
- K4VCM 146.790 located on Signal Mountain (no tone required)
- N4LMC 144.920 located north of Signal Mountain (146.2 tone)
- N4LMC 224.560 located on Lookout Mountain (146.2 tone)
Digital Repeaters (local):
- D-Star – N4LMC-C 145.160 – located atop Lookout Mountain, GA
- D-Star – W4RRG-B 444.725 – located atop Signal Mountain, TN
- DMR – N4LMC 444.7125 – located atop Lookout Mountain, GA – TS2, TG 43389
- DMR – W4PL 444.150 – located atop Signal Mountain, TN – TS2, TG 314722
- Wires-X – N4LMC 442.650 – located atop Lookout Mountain, GA (DN Only)
- Wires-X – N4LMC 442.725 – located atop Signal Mountain, TN (DN Only)
Digital Repeaters (non-local, may be many others connected):
- DMR – W4DMM 440.700 – located on Short Mountain in TN – TS2, TG 314722
- DMR – W4DMM 440.625 – located in Lebanon, TN – TS2, TG 314722
- Wires-X – NQ4Y 145.410 – located atop Monteagle Mtn, TN (DN Only)
- Wires-X – W4CMB 443.200 – located in Lavonia, GA (DN Only)
- Wires-X – W4DRC 443.000 – located Dalton / Fort Mtn, GA (DN Only)
Digital Rooms, Reflectors and Talk Groups:
- C4FM – FCS Reflector – FCS002 Room 89 SouthEast Link (DN Only)
- C4FM – FCS Reflector – FCS003 Room 89 SouthEast Link (DN Only)
- C4FM – YCS Reflector – YCS310, Room #36 (Hotspot connects to FCS31036) (DN Only)
- C4FM – YSF Room – “US SOUTHEASTLINK” Room 43389 (DN Only)
- D-Star – XReflector systems XRF139-D, XLX139-D, DCS139-D
- D-Star – XReflector systems XRF334-D, XLX334-D, DCS334-D
- DMR – Brandmeister Network, Talkgroup SouthEast Link #314722
- DMR – DMR+ Network, Quadnet IPSC2 server, TG323
- DMR – QRM Network, Talkgroup SouthEast Link #43389
- DMR – TGIF Network, TalkGroup SOUTHEAST-LINK #43389
- NXDN – SouthEast Link NXDN Reflector 43389 (DN Only)
- Wires-X Room – (digital only), Room # 43389 (DN Only)
- Analog – LMARC Node 46145
- Analog – LMARC Node 46530
- Digital – LMARC Node 510131 – SouthEast Link Bridge System
- Analog – *SELINK*, Node 387904 – Echolink Conference Server
- Digital – LMARC Node 94680 – SouthEast Link Bridge System
Broadcastify: ( click here to go to linked page )
- N4LMC 144.920 – Signal Mtn, TN
- N4LMC 224.560 – Lookout Mtn, GA
- K4VCM 146.790 – Chattanooga, TN
Use the Echolink Conference Server node *SELINK*, node # 387904, for the Sunday Night Net on the 146.790! Do NOT use the “normal” 79190 node! It can not handle the amount of traffic and will give degraded and/or poor audio performance. (It may even be disabled during the net)
We want to thank W4EDP, N9ZEN, K4VCM and the LMARC for all the repeaters, rooms, reflectors, talk groups, Allstar nodes and the SELINK Echolink Conference server 387904.
We are always looking for someone to call Trivia. If this is you, your spouse, child, grandchild… shoot me an email and we will get you signed up!
Be sure to check out Net Controls Facebook page!
Net Schedule / Preamble
- Welcome and Net Information
- Call for Emergency Traffic
- Call for General Announcements
Section 1: Mobiles, Portables, Short Time, In/Out, Echolink Stations
Section 2: Anyone anywhere by Call Prefix (A 1st, K 2nd, N 3rd & W 4th)
Section 3 : Late Check-Ins from Anyone, Anywhere
- Technical Issues and/or questions
- Swap Shop (sell, trade, buy, etc – ONLY HAM Radio related items are allowed)
- Check-In Comments from each station
- Jokes by the youngsters
- Code practice
- Slow Scan TV
- Trivia Time (a favorite of everyone’s!)
- Last check for late Check-Ins, Announcement reminders
- Net Wrap-Up
You can also listen in (listen only) on Broadcastify. Don’t forget to follow along online using NetLogger, it’s free and is available for Mac, Linux and Windows (desktops/laptops only, no tablets/phones yet)! Hop on and follow the logging, see who’s on… and who’s not, plus join in on the conversations taking place in the “Almost Instant Messenger” (AIM) window, lot’s of interesting conversations usually taking place. Once you have NetLogger up and running, look for “SundayNightNet org”.
For more information or for answers to any questions, send us an email.
Curious about Slow Scan TV?
We started in June of 2019, and will be sending a Slow Scan TV photo out via all the repeaters we are connected to.
If you ever wanted to know more about Slow Scan TV, now is your chance to get in on the fun and learn! We play on 145.800 after the net.
It takes about 1 minute and 52 seconds to send a picture (of average size) around the world or around the block on most any radio using slow scan tv and it will be received as clearly as the picture to the left, or even better under good conditions. Conditions and your setup can make huge differences in quality. See the images that we’ve transmitted in our photo gallery.
Occasionally we will have a ‘bonus’ or additional picture that we send towards the end of the net, we will post it here as well as add it to the pic album.
The Sunday Night Net and it’s administrators wish You and Your Family a Very Happy New Year. We hope it’s a prosperous and safe on.. God Bless!
Want to see this in action, check out this video recorded live! The actual picture transmission starts at about the 1:20 mark in the video. Note, this is a large file and may take time to download/buffer and start, so be patient.
Problems watching or seeing the video? Here is a direct link to the video on YouTube.
Want to test for your first license, or maybe you want to upgrade from Tech to General or even go all the way to Extra!
We’ve got you covered. There are tests available in the area at most any given time. While pre-registration isn’t required, it is definitely best to let us know ahead of time if you want to test and what you want to test for so that we can be sure to have the needed resources on hand to take care of you.
Please Note that if you choose not to contact in advance, there is no guarantee that the test will take place or that your particular needs can be met.
- 2nd Thursday of each month (except December): VE tests via both ARRL and WCARS provided by the Tri-States ARC, information can be found at their website. Please use the Contact Page here to let them know what you want to test for and when. Someone will get back to you soon.
- 3rd Thursday of each month: VE tests provided via the ARRL by the Sequatchie ARC. Please use this link to let them know what you want to test for and when. Someone will get back to you soon.
- Last Saturday of each month: VE tests provided via ARRL provided by the Sunday Night Net. Please use the Contact Page here to let them know what you want to test for and when. Someone will get back to you soon. NOTE for this single test session: For November, we will test on Saturday the 21st to avoid Thanksgiving Holidays and for December it will be held at 1800 on the 19th of December!
If extreme difficulties exist that prohibit you from utilizing one of these sessions, such as permanent work schedules, etc, use the Contact Page here and give us as much information as possible. We will attempt to help you in any way that we can. This is provided on a case by case basis, and is only for hardships beyond a persons control.
Lone Ranger Wellness Net
What is the Lone Ranger Net? Good question, the net was put into place after a real event that happened in our area which resulted in a local HAM becoming a silent key.
The net meets every night at 7pm Eastern time on the K4VCM 146.790 repeater. The repeater is located high atop Signal Mountain north of Chattanooga, TN. You can also use Echolink K4VCM-R, node 79190.
This is a “Wellness” net. The idea and purpose of the net is to allow a daily check-in for those who wish to have someone make sure they are OK. This could be a shut in, someone who’s mobility is impaired, a single person, the elderly, someone who’s health isn’t good, etc. By checking into the net, everyone knows you’re OK. If you wish, and it is strictly voluntary, you can request that further steps be taken should you be a “no show”. This could be a call, a text, notify a local relative, a drive by, even notify authorities if necessary.
Our first net on Monday April 6, 2020 at 7pm eastern time was a huge success! We had a dozen or more check-ins with 4 check-ins who were requesting well being daily checks. Let’s keep this ball rolling!
Current Net Controls are:
- K4FLH – Bill Price
- KM4MPF – Jim Gifford
- KN9W – Joe Birchfield
- N4WBC – Bill Crowell
The net is always actively looking for help running the net. If you would like to volunteer for certain days, weeks or even just a night or two, contact us and we will get in touch with you
Page last updated: June 29, 2020 @ 1455 by W4EDP