This Net is an open Net and is not affiliated with any club. All properly licensed HAMs are welcomed and encouraged to join us! We usually have between 60 and 70 check-ins, and our goal in 2021 is to grow that to 80+!
The Sunday Night Net, broadcast from Chattanooga, TN, generally follows the schedule below, but at times we do move things around to accommodate something.
The Net is held every Sunday evening beginning at 2000 (8pm eastern time).
73, Hear ya on the net! – Jim – KM4MPF
Don’t forget that you have many ways to connect with the Sunday Night Net! (other analog/digital repeaters, rooms, reflectors and/or talk groups may be linked in)
Analog Repeaters (local):
- K4VCM 146.790 located on Signal Mountain (no tone required)
- N4LMC 144.920 located north of Signal Mountain (146.2 tone)
- N4LMC 224.560 located on Lookout Mountain (146.2 tone)
- N4LMC 443.525 located in Villanow, GA (146.2 tone)
Digital Repeaters (local):
- DMR – N4LMC 444.7125 – located atop Lookout Mountain, GA – TS2, TG 43389
- DMR – W4PL 444.150 – located atop Signal Mountain, TN – TS2, TG 314722
- Wires-X – N4LMC 442.650 – located atop Lookout Mountain, GA (DN Only)
- Wires-X – N4LMC 442.725 – located atop Signal Mountain, TN (DN Only)
- D-Star – N4LMC 145.160 – located atop Lookout Mountain, GA – C module
- D-Star – W4RRG 444.725 – located atop Signal Mountain, TN – B module
Digital Repeaters (NON-local, may be many others connected. Want to be listed, let us know!):
- DMR – W4DMM 440.700 – located on Short Mountain in TN – TS2, TG 314722
- DMR – W4DMM 440.625 – located in Lebanon, TN – TS2, TG 314722
- Wires-X – KG4FZR 442.275 – located in Athens, TN (DN Only)
- Wires-X – NQ4Y 145.410 – located atop Monteagle Mtn, TN (DN Only)
- Wires-X – W4CMB 443.200 – located in Lavonia, GA (DN Only)
- Wires-X – W4DRC 443.000 – located Dalton / Fort Mtn, GA (DN Only)
Digital Rooms, Reflectors and Talk Groups:
- C4FM – FCS Reflector – FCS002 Room 89 SouthEast Link (DN Only)
- C4FM – FCS Reflector – FCS003 Room 89 SouthEast Link (DN Only)
- C4FM – YCS Reflector – YCS310, Room #36 (Hotspot connects to FCS31036) (DN Only)
- C4FM – YSF Room – “US SOUTHEASTLINK” Room 43389 (DN Only)
- D-Star – X Reflector XRF139-D SouthEast Link
- D-Star – X Reflector XRF913-D SouthEast Link
- DMR – Brandmeister Network, Talkgroup SouthEast Link #314722
- DMR – DMR+ Network, Quadnet IPSC2 server, TG323
- DMR – QRM Network, Talkgroup SouthEast Link #43389
- DMR – TGIF Network, TalkGroup SouthEast Link #43389
- NXDN – SouthEast Link NXDN Reflector 43389 (DN Only)
- P25 – SouthEast Link P25 Reflector 43389
- Wires-X Room – (digital only), Room # 43389 (DN Only)
- SEL Node 510131 – SouthEast Link Bridge System
- N4LMC Node 46530 – LMARC System (backup only please)
- *SELINK*, Node 387904 – Echolink Conference Server
Broadcastify: ( click here to go to linked page )
- N4LMC 144.920 – Signal Mtn, TN
- N4LMC 224.560 – Lookout Mtn, GA
- K4VCM 146.790 – Chattanooga, TN
Use the Echolink Conference Server node *SELINK*, node # 387904, for the Sunday Night Net on the 146.790!
We want to thank W4EDP, N9ZEN, K4VCM and the LMARC for all the repeaters, rooms, reflectors, talk groups, Allstar nodes and the SELINK Echolink Conference server 387904. Also, Thanks to KN9W for backing up net control, KC4CCL for all the Slow Scan TV images and AA4EZ for the Trivia.
We are always looking for someone to call Trivia. If this is you, your spouse, child, grandchild… shoot me an email and we will get you signed up!
Be sure to check out Net Controls Facebook page!
Net Schedule / Preamble
- Welcome and Net Information
- Call for Emergency Traffic
- Call for General Announcements
(1) Echolink Stations (2) Allstar (3) DMR (4) D-Star (5) Fusion/C4FM (6) P25/NXDN (7) Local Chattanooga calls by Call Prefix: (A 1st, K 2nd, N 3rd & W 4th) (8) Late Check-Ins from anyone, anywhere.
- Swap Shop (sell, trade, buy, etc – ONLY HAM Radio related items are allowed)
- Technical Issues – questions/comments
- Trivia Time (a favorite of everyone’s!)
- Slow Scan TV
- Last check for late Check-Ins, Announcement reminders
- Net Wrap-Up
You can also listen in (listen only) on Broadcastify. Don’t forget to follow along online using NetLogger, it’s free and is available for Mac, Linux and Windows (desktops/laptops only, no tablets/phones yet)! Hop on and follow the logging, see who’s on… and who’s not, plus join in on the conversations taking place in the “Almost Instant Messenger” (AIM) window, lot’s of interesting conversations usually taking place. Once you have NetLogger up and running, look for “SundayNightNet org”.
For more information or for answers to any questions, send us an email.
Curious about Slow Scan TV?
We started in June of 2019, and will be sending a Slow Scan TV photo out via all the repeaters we are connected to.
If you ever wanted to know more about Slow Scan TV, now is your chance to get in on the fun and learn! We play on 145.800 after the net.
It takes about 1 minute and 52 seconds to send a picture (of average size) around the world or around the block on most any radio using slow scan tv and it will be received as clearly as the picture to the left, or even better under good conditions. Conditions and your setup can make huge differences in quality. See the images that we’ve transmitted in our photo gallery.
Occasionally we will have a ‘bonus’ or additional picture that we send towards the end of the net, we will post it here as well as add it to the pic album.
The Sunday Night Net and it’s administrators wish You and Your Family a Very Happy New Year. We hope it’s a prosperous and safe on.. God Bless!
Want to see this in action, check out this video recorded live! The actual picture transmission starts at about the 1:20 mark in the video. Note, this is a large file and may take time to download/buffer and start, so be patient.
Problems watching or seeing the video? Here is a direct link to the video on YouTube.
Want to test for your first license, or maybe you want to upgrade from Tech to General or even go all the way to Extra!
We’ve got you covered. There are tests available in the area at most any given time. While pre-registration isn’t required, it is definitely best to let us know ahead of time if you want to test and what you want to test for so that we can be sure to have the needed resources on hand to take care of you.
- That if you choose not to contact in advance, there is no guarantee that the test will take place or that your particular needs can be met.
- The FCC requires a FRN number! You will not be able to test without one, no exceptions can be made.
- The FCC requires a valid email address! You will not be able to test without one, no exceptions can be made.
- The fees collected go directly to the ARRL and the FCC. The VE testing entity does not keep even 1 cent and even absorbs some costs!
- 1st Thursday of each month: VE tests provided via ARRL provided by the Chattanooga Amateur Radio Club. Information can be found at the CARC website about VE testing, please use the contact form to let them know you will be coming and what you will be testing for.
- 2nd Thursday of each month (except December): VE tests via both ARRL and WCARS provided by the Tri-States ARC, information can be found at their website. Please use the Contact Page here to let them know what you want to test for and when. Someone will get back to you soon.
- 3rd Thursday of each month: VE tests provided via the ARRL by the Sequatchie ARC. Please use this link to let them know what you want to test for and when. Someone will get back to you soon.
- Last Saturday of each month: VE tests provided via ARRL provided by the Sunday Night Net. Please use the Contact Page here to let them know what you want to test for and when. Someone will get back to you soon.
- Floating Schedule: The Chattooga Amateur Radio Club, in Summerville, GA, holds tests on an as needed schedule when they have enough testers to schedule a session. Contact them here for more information and scheduling dates/times.
If extreme difficulties exist that prohibit you from utilizing one of these sessions, such as permanent work schedules, etc, use the Contact Page here and give us as much information as possible. We will attempt to help you in any way that we can. This is provided on a case by case basis, and is only for hardships beyond a persons control.