N4LMC – Lookout Mountain Amateur Radio Community
We strive to provide all modes of communication to the HAM community in Chattanooga, TN, NW GA, NE AL and surrounding areas. There are so many different bands and modes, we concentrate on the repeaters and nodes because that’s the part of the hobby that we love being involved in. We want to bring the connected analog and digital modes to the areas around us that have not had access in the past. Our vision is to enhance amateur radio by positioning a variety of equipment throughout the area. We work with local enthusiasts discussing theories, communication models, types of equipment, gadgetry, and more.
Are we a club? That depends on how you see things. We are a club by ARRL / FCC definition. We do meet the minimum requirements and the N4LMC and KO4GVX call signs are “club calls”. Beyond that, no we’re not, we are a group of people who care about growing Amateur Radio, especially the digital modes!
Our website offers a wide variety of information. New information and resources are being updated and/or added all the time. Take a look at the Main Menu and just drill down through all of the choices to check out what we have to offer.
At this time we offer a wide variety of repeaters and nodes that encompass Analog as well as Digital modes. Our repeaters run under several call signs. N4LMC and KO4GVX belong to the Lookout Mountain ARC, W4GTA belongs to the Tri-States ARC, W4PL belongs to the Chattanooga Old Timers ARS & W4RRG belongs to the Rebel Repeater Group. All of these are calls that I/we are authorized to use by those respective clubs and/or trustees. A HUGE Thank You to all of them!
Home of the SouthEast Link!
Join in on QSO’s, nets and special events using our Wires-X room, YSF reflector, FCS reflector and repeaters for C4FM/Fusion… Xreflectors, DPlus reflector and repeaters for D-Star… The TGIF Network, the QRM Network, the Brandmeister Network and repeaters for DMR, Allstar and Echolink nodes. All of these are bridged together, so talk to your buddies no matter what popular digital mode is used!
If you have a popular digital radio and / or hotspot, we have a way for you to join in! See below for more information, or feel free to contact us if you need more information.
- Allstar LMARC Node # 510131 – SouthEast Link Bridge System
- Broadcastify / Radio Reference (listen only) Click here
- D-Star – N4LMC-C 145.160 – located atop Lookout Mountain, GA
- D-Star – W4RRG-B 444.725 – located atop Signal Mountain, TN
- D-Star – DPlus reflector REF090-D (only for US Trust registered users)
- D-Star – XReflector systems XRF139-D, XLX139-D, DCS139-D
- D-Star – XReflector systems XRF913-D, XLX913-D, DCS913-D
- DMR – N4LMC 444.7125 – located atop Lookout Mountain, GA – TS2, TG 43389
- DMR – W4PL 444.150 – located atop Signal Mountain, TN – TS2, TG 314722
- DMR – Brandmeister Network, Talkgroup SouthEast Link #314722
- DMR – QRM Network, Talkgroup SouthEast Link #43389
- DMR – TGIF Network, TalkGroup SOUTHEAST-LINK #43389
- C4FM – FCS Reflector – FCS002 Room 89 SouthEast Link, DMR2YSF TG 100289
- C4FM – FCS Reflector – FCS003 Room 89 SouthEast Link, DMR2YSF TG 100389
- C4FM – YSF Room – “US SOUTHEASTLINK”
- Echolink – Node N4LMC-L Node # 94680 – SouthEast Link Bridge System
- NXDN – NXDN Reflector 43389 (Server selink.lmarc.net, TG 43389, port 41400)
- Wires-X – N4LMC 442.650 – located atop Lookout Mountain, GA
- Wires-X – N4LMC 442.725 – located atop Signal Mountain, TN
- Wires-X Room – Room # 43389
Other repeaters and/or rooms, reflectors, talk groups can be linked in. Some that routinely link in are listed below, however those listed below are not guaranteed.
- DMR – W4DMM 440.700 – located on Short Mountain in TN – TS2, TG 314722
- Wires-X – NQ4Y 145.410 – located on Monteagle Mountain in TN
- Wires-X – W4CMB 443.200 – located in Lavonia, GA
- Wires-X – W4DRC 443.000 – located in Dalton, GA on Fort Mountain
See LMARC’s Net page for information on all the nets that our systems carry that you can join in on. Join in on these nets, they won’t exist without participation and interest. Many of these nets are also looking for Net Control persons and Alternate Net Control persons!
TAG, which stands for TN, AL GA, is held each Wednesday night at 7:30 PM Eastern. This is a digital only net and is off to a great start!
Join the conversation on the TAG Multi-Mode Digital Net via SouthEast Link by using any of the D-Star, DMR, C4FM / Fusion / Wires-X, Allstar or Echolink nodes and / or repeaters listed above.
Monday nights at 8 PM Eastern on the W4GTA 145.350 repeater as well as other methods, see below.
Net control will usually be Terri, N9ZEN. This net provides a forum for Licensed Female Hams of all ages and ham experience to meet on the air for fellowship, to discuss common interests, to discuss technical topics, to learn how to prepare for emergency events and communications, and more!
Each week we will cover many of those and other eclectic subjects, including providing information on topics such as FAQs, answers to technical questions, information about upcoming events and activities, and more.
We invite all female (YL) Hams everywhere to check in to this net. We invite OMs (Old Men) hams and non hams to listen as well (and many do), but only YLs are “allowed” to check-in and participate. Be sure to check out our website located at tagylnet.org.
Join the TAG YL Net via one of the following:
- W4GTA 145.350 Repeater – minus offset and a 100.0hz tone required – located atop Lookout Mountain in GA
- N4LMC 146.640 Repeater – minus offset and a 146.2hz tone required – located atop Signal Mountain in GA
- N4LMC 224.560 Repeater – minus offset and a 146.2hz tone required – located atop Lookout Mountain in GA
- N4LMC 443.525 Repeater – plus offset and a 146.2hz tone required – located in Villanow, GA (local Villanow coverage only)
- Echolink – Conference Server *SELINK*
- Allstar – N4LMC Node 46530
- Allstar – N4LMC Node 510130
Be sure to check out the new page for the Chattanooga Sunday Night Net!
We will update the page with more information and new features as those are available, so check back often! Join the Net, just listen in if that’s what you need to do, and we hope you’ll join in on the fun soon!
Our Repeaters and Nodes
144.390 – N4LMC-3 APRS Tx/Rx iGate and Digipeater. Coverage for Chattanooga Metro area, NW GA & NE AL.
144.920 – N4LMC Allstar Node 46145, Simplex Repeater and requires a 146.2 tone. Can be linked to multiple other systems.
145.160 – N4LMC D-Star C Module, IRCDDB System generally linked to XRF555A, can be linked to other systems.
145.750 – W4EDP-10 RMS Gateway. Coverage for Chattanooga Metro area, NW GA & NE AL. Supports GA ARES when needed.
145.750 – W4EDP-15 RMS Digipeater. Coverage for Chattanooga Metro area, NW GA & NE AL. Supports GA ARES when needed.
146.640 – N4LMC, Analog and requires a 146.2 tone. Linked full time to the W4GTA 145.350.
224.120 – N4LMC Allstar Node 46331, Requires a 146.2 tone. Can be linked to multiple other systems.
224.560 – N4LMC Allstar Node 46530, Requires a 146.2 tone. Linked full time to the W4GTA 145.350.
441.875 – N4LMC Yaesu Fusion, Analog / Digital and requires a 146.2 tone. South Pittsburg Mtn, Southern Cumberland Plateau.
442.650 – N4LMC Fusion Wires-X, linked to Alabama Link. Goes Analog to air the ARRL and ARN News.
442.725 – N4LMC Fusion Wires-X, linked to Alabama Link, full time Digital.
443.525 – N4LMC Echolink Node 856433, linked to W4GTA 145.350 full time. Villanow, GA local coverage.
444.150 – W4PL DMR, Brandmeister network, US TG 3100 full time on TS1. Code Plugs available.
444.7125 – N4LMC DMR, TGIF network, TGIF TG 31665 TS1, Southeast Link TG 43889 TS2. Code Plugs available.
444.725 – W4RRG D-Star B Module, IRCDDB System, generally linked to XRF757A, can be linked to other systems.
Echolink N4LMC-L Node 94680, Linked to the N4LMC 144.920 Allstar system on Signal Mountain.
Echolink N4LMC-L Node 94680, Linked to the N4LMC 144.920 Allstar system on Signal Mountain.
Echolink N4LMC-R Node 94681, Linked to the K4SOD 146.760 repeater on Sand Mountain.
Echolink W4EDP-R Node 9058, Linked to the W4GTA 145.350 repeater on Lookout Mountain.
Echolink *SELINK* Conference Server, Open for non radio based QSO’s. Use this node for ALL 145.350 nets!
FCS Reflector – FCS003 Room 89 SouthEast Link, DMR2YSF TG 100389
QUADNet Smart Group – SELINK – To Link “SELINK”, To UnLink “SELINK T”.
Brandmeister DMR TG 314722 – Bridged to other systems, reflectors, talk groups and rooms.
FCS Reflector FCS002-89 – Bridged to other systems, reflectors, talk groups and rooms.
FCS Reflector FCS003-89 – Bridged to other systems, reflectors, talk groups and rooms.
QRM DMR TG 43389 – Bridged to other systems, reflectors, talk groups and rooms.
TGIF DMR TG 43389 – Bridged to other systems, reflectors, talk groups and rooms.
Wires-X SOUTHEAST-LINK Room 43389 – Bridged to other systems, reflectors, talk groups and rooms.
XLX139-D / XRF139-D – Bridged to other systems, reflectors, talk groups and rooms.
YSF Reflector US SOUTHEAST-LINK – Bridged to other systems, reflectors, talk groups and rooms.
Repeaters / Nodes that we assist in maintaining
145.350 – W4GTA Yaesu Fusion, Analog / Digital and requires a 100.0 tone. Provided by the Tri-States ARC.
Echolink – K4VCM-R Node 79190, Linked to the 146.790 K4VCM repeater. Provided by Tom Morgan, K4VCM.
Echolink – KM4MPF-R Node 946756, Linked to the 444.700 KB4ACS repeater. Provided by the Sequatchie County ACS.
A brief note: The key to success on the air is described by one word: Courtesy. There’s no other way to explain how hundreds of thousands of Amateur Radio Operators can share the same radio frequencies all over the world with minimum interference and conflict. If you keep courtesy at the front of your mind you’ll rarely have difficulty on the air. An attentive and courteous operator is welcome on our systems, “It’s not the class of license the amateur holds, it’s the class of the amateur who holds the license”!