WIRES (Wide-coverage Internet Repeater Enhancement System) is an Internet communication system. For WIRES-X, an amateur node station connecting to the Internet is used as the access point and connects the wireless communication to the Internet.
WIRES-X supports the C4FM digital which enables high sound quality. WIRES-X automatically connects to nodes and rooms. There is need to verify connection IDs or transmit DTMF connection codes utilized on EchoLink and IRLP. Information about nodes and rooms is exchanged via C4FM Digital signaling. With automatic reconnection to the previous contact, all you need to do is press PTT and start talking. Easily search for new nodes and rooms and initiate communication promptly when you find an ID that captures you are interested in.
News bulletins (messages, images, voice memos) can be uploaded to nodes and rooms. Other users can download the saved news information. For example, sharing traffic information or other local news, or sending a snapshot of a meeting place to fellow operators.
WIRES-X also supports traditional analog FM users. Not only can analog FM stations have a QSO with each other, WIRES-X also permits C4FM Digital stations to communicate with analog FM stations.
Yaesu Fusion Wires-X systems we provide for our local HAMs.
- N4LMC – 442.650, Coverage for Chattanooga and south from atop Lookout Mountain
- N4LMC – 442.725, Coverage for Chattanooga and north from atop Signal Mountain
- SOUTHEAST-LINK, Room # 43389, YSF Network US SOUTHEASTLINK Room 43389, FCS002-89 and FCS003-89, YCS Reflector – YCS310, Room #36 (Hotspot connects to FCS31036) reflector are bridged together.
- QUADNET – LMARC provides a full time Wires-X room for access into the QUADNET network, Wires-X Room # 83453.
Both N4LMC repeater systems are “homed” to SouthEast Link, but feel free to change to any room of your liking. As with any repeater system, be polite and make sure no one is using the current room… then enjoy! Please be just as polite when you leave and return the system to SouthEast Link (43389) when you’re finished. Wires-X room info is below.
- Wires-X Digital: Room 43389
These systems can be bridged into Wires-X, YSF, FCS, SRF, D-Star, NXDN, Echolink, Allstar or others via SouthEast Link.
Fusion II, What is it? System Fusion II FAQ.
1. ) Q – What is System Fusion II?
A – System Fusion II is the next generation of Yaesu System Fusion in which more features, technology, and radios have been added to the product line. This includes the new DR-2x repeater, FT-70D portable, the (soon to be released) FTM-3207, the Digital Group (DG) and Digital Personal (DP) ID features, and the Internet-linked Multiple Repeater System (IMRS) digital linking features.
2. ) Q – Is System Fusion II separate from the current Fusion line?
A – System Fusion II is NOT separate technology and is fully compatible with the current line of radios. It will also be compatible with previous models (such as the FT-1D, FTM-400D, and FT-991).
3. ) Q – The FT-1(DR/XDR) is not pictured in recent advertising, so is it not going to be able to work with System Fusion II?
A – The ad shows the current and upcoming models in the Yaesu System Fusion product line. Including discontinued models in our advertising would be confusing. Simply because a product is or isn’t pictured in a piece of advertising does not indicate anything else.
4. ) Q – Is Wires-X discontinued, since the HRI-200 is not pictured in the ad?
A – Wires-X is NOT discontinued and will still be used and active in the landscape of System Fusion II. This includes a remote base node (radio and HRI-200) setup or a direct connection to a repeater. NOTE: A DR-2x repeater does NOT support both the IMRS LAN option AND a direct connection WIRES-X configuration. You must choose one OR the other.
5. ) Q – How will my ‘older radios’ be able to operate or work with the new features of System Fusion II?
A – All radios will have firmware upgrades made available that can be downloaded from the Yaesu website. These firmware updates will allow you to utilize the new features of System Fusion II.
6. ) Q – Do I have to update my firmware on my radios?
A – In order to utilize the features and improvements of System Fusion II, you will need to update your radio. If you choose not to update your firmware, proper operation with equipment with System Fusion II firmware might not occur. It is always important to do perform firmware or software updates, as they do contain improvements or enhancements, plus keep your hardware current.
7. ) Q – If we already have Wires-X why would someone want IMRS?
A – IMRS is an add-on option when ordering your DR-2x and offers a means of digital voice linking that is all contained within the DR-2x. You will need a computer to set-up the linking and DG-ID’s that correspond to the linking. However, once the set-up is complete no computer or external device will be needed for normal operation.
8. ) Q – DG-ID has been mentioned a lot so what is it and why is it being used?
A – DG-ID replaces the existing DSQ function. Some of the things that will be noticeable with DG-ID, is that you have a separate Rx and Tx selection. In addition, DG-ID will no longer have a ‘BREAK’ function, but DG-ID 00 is considered “off”. DG-ID codes range from 00 – 99.
9. ) Q – Does this mean that DG-ID will be assigned on a per-channel basis?
A – DG-ID will still be a global setting because of the way that it can be used on a system. As an example, the local repeater might use DG-ID 71 to access it locally. But, if you want to access the two repeaters using IMRS the end user might use DG-ID 90. If it is part of a multi-repeater network and the user wishes to access them ALL then they might select DG-ID 99. For these reasons, it is set-up to be on a global basis and not a per-channel basis.
10. ) Q – I now understand DG-ID, but what is DP-ID and what will it be used for in System Fusion II?
A – One of the features of the DR-2x will be a priority override or remote control of the repeater. To help keep these features secure, DP-ID will be used. It works as a unique identifier, that must be synchronized with the DR-2x, in order to allow that radio to be able to control the DR-2x remotely.
Status Info for Wires-X
- See our new Dashboard page!
- Yaesu provided – Active Nodes
- Yaesu provided – Active Rooms
- Yaesu provided – Wires-X ID List